Parents and Friends
Supporting, Serving and Caring
The Mentone Grammar Parents and Friends (P&F) is a group of volunteers who play an active and productive role in supporting, serving, and caring for the members of the Mentone Grammar Community.
Being involved in P&F activities is a great way to connect with Mentone Grammar students and families. We also have two special interest groups – Mon Ami especially for new families to Mentone/Australia, and our [email protected] group.
About the P&F
The P&F group welcomes all members of the School Community, and our aim is to:
- Encourage friendship, support, positive communication across the Community through a range of ‘friend-raising’ activities
- Ensure the range of activities offered are fully inclusive to promote a sense of belonging across the Community
- Promote a sense of belonging in the School Community
- Raise funds to contribute to the enhancement of the School environment for our children
- Be highly approachable and reliable and have a strong direction, which is consistent, transparent, and relevant
- Have great communication within the group, with the School leadership and staff, and the wider community
- Feel connected by our common purpose of being a part of this Community and have an enjoyable time while we are here.
Each class from ELC – Year 12 has a parent representative (Class Rep). The Class Rep’s role is to facilitate social activities amongst parents, provide a welcome to new parents and perform a vital communication link between the P&F, other volunteer organisations around the School, and the parent community. The Class Rep can also coordinate support to families in times of need such as family illness and provide a valuable link between parents and the School. Once the students move into Frogmore (Years 10 -12), parents can become involved in other committees that surround specialist interests.
P&F Committee meetings are held once a month and we also run a sub-committee structure for the events and services we offer.
Meeting Time: 6.30pm
Location: Frogmore Professional Learning Lounge
If you are unable to make the Committee meetings but would like to be involved in organising a specific event or activity, please contact us (details below). We would love your help!
|P&F Executive Committee|
|Social Media Coordinator||Lisa Kirwan|
|Head of Events||Molly Grant & Niki Buschkuehl|
|Head of [email protected]||Hayden McNamara|
|Retail Shop Coordinator||Jo Howe|
|Newsletter Editor||Fiona McCall|
|Mon Ami (New Families Convenor)||Graciela Ramon Michel|
|Head of Community Relations||Andrea Wilson|
|Event Dates 2022||Date and Time||Location|
|P&F Christmas Lunch||Friday 2 December 12.00pm – 3.00pm||MG Sports Centre|
We are a diverse and friendly group of dads who informally meet to socialise, and chat about our kids and our interests in a welcoming environment over drinks and food. All MG dads/carers are welcome to get involved with [email protected]
We’re looking for dads to join our organising committee, so if you’re interested or want to find out more about the group, please contact Hayden McNamara (details below).
Mon Ami (“my friend” in French) is a social group for Mentone Grammar parents. As a group, Mon Ami members actively seek to offer the hand of friendship and support to Mentone parents who would like to feel better connected to the School socially and to life in Bayside.
The group can:
- Help new families from regional areas, interstate or overseas to navigate living in Melbourne
- Support people with their transition to life in Australia
- Help connect people with other Mentone Grammar families with similar backgrounds or interests
- Share ideas, and local knowledge and assist with essential practicalities that family or friends would often help with
- Provide opportunities for engagement in an informal, casual, and social setting
Mon Ami regularly gathers for friendly walks and dinners at local restaurants, so please get in touch, we would love to hear from you.
For more information, please contact Juke or Claire via the details provided.
If you are interested in joining us or want to know more, please get in touch for a chat!
[email protected]: Hayden McNamara
P&F SECOND-HAND UNIFORM AND MERCHANIDSE SHOP
Located under the Greenways Centre, enter via Gate 1 – Venice Street entrance.
Friday 8.00 – 11.00am
Merchandise for Sale
The P&F group also offers a range of fundraising merchandise available at the P&F Shop. These are a great way to show your support for the School and practical too!
To order items, please email the P&F or visit the shop. Some items can also be purchased at the Campus Uniform Shop operated by Noone.
|Pool Towel (75cm x 150cm) Premium (450gsm) Navy and White MG Logo||$40.00|
|Pool Towel (as above) Name Embroidered (e.g., Jack R)||$45.00|
|Pocket Umbrella Great quality spring loaded with a rain slipcover and metal canister||$25.00|
|Golf Umbrella Navy and White with a comfortable rubber handle||$35.00|
|Large Drink Bottle||$5.00|
|Small Drink Bottle||$3.00|